Monday, October 17, 2011

Much Thanks! and Reading!

First off I must thank my cousin, Donea Weaver, for putting a shout out for my blog!  She really is awesome and fun and talented!

Second I must thank all of you who came and commented and followed.  I'm feelin' the love!  I'm excited to get to read more blogs from people who have similar interests.

Now for the post...

I wanted to put a list together of all the books I've read over the last month.  Because how do you choose books?  Sometimes it is from shopping but mostly it's by word of mouth.  So here is my spreading the love by sharing some awesome reads with all of you!  (These are all, except for The Way of Kings (fantasy), YA fantasy/dystopian.  Don't know why, but hey, they are good.)

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Variant by Robison Wells

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

Possession by Elana Johnson

Currently reading and will be finished within the next day or so...  The Death Cure by James Dashner

The reason I post these is also because reading a good book inspires me to write.  I want to be able to touch someone else's life with my work like these authors have touched mine.

I hope all of you might share at least one good book you've read over the past month with me.  I'm always looking for something new...

Happy reading and writing!
(Some of the pictures were from Wikipedia the others were from Amazon.com)

5 comments:

  1. Great choices there. I just finished "Death Cure" and while sad, I thought it was a satisfying ending to the series. I'm about a quarter through "Variant" and enjoying it very much. LOVE "The Way of Kings". Sanderson does such a wonderful job with high fantasy. I've got pages of notes that I took the second time I listened to WoK, since he's the kind of author (like Rowling) that you'd best be paying attention. I've got the other two on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like comedy with vampires and werewolves check out Gail Carriger's books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're VERY welcome!!! New post coming soon, right??? :) And I hate to admit I haven't been reading a lot of "published" work lately. Lots of unpublished stories from my on-line critique group - lots of very interesting high fantasy novels. Enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog is unique, i really liked your blog, I want to share some news with you on world news. latestest news. just take some time and check my website as possible as, thank you cbse 12 result 2020 class 12 exam results 2020 cbse 12 result class 12 exams

    ReplyDelete